LATEST Click here to check current Covid-19 restrictions in your area. It's no longer mandatory but guests are welcome to wear a face covering inside Glenlee Guest House if they wish to.
- Although Covid-19 regulations in the UK have now been relaxed please be assured we will continue efforts to maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff.
- Please use sanitiser provided at key locations. We politely remind you of the necessity to maintain high levels of personal hygiene and to wash your hands regularly during your stay.
- Should you feel unwell during your stay please inform us. To help maintain a safe environment we will continue to clean and disinfect regularly.
- To maintain a degree of social distancing we do not currently have a breakfast fruit buffet – a fruit selection can be ordered on the breakfast forms.
- Our housekeeping team will service your room daily unless you let us know you would prefer your room is not serviced.
- If you need to cancel your stay at Glenlee Guest House we can refund your deposit in line with our cancellation conditions. Please contact us as soon as possible. As usual, we recommend you take out cancellation insurance.
- If you or anyone in your household has had symptoms, either a continuous cough, a temperature or loss of taste or smell, in the past 14 days, please advise us so that your reservation can be modified to another date or cancelled.
During check in we will welcome you to Glenlee with our normal friendly greeting - but from a safe social distance. We will not be shaking hands with our guests for the foreseeable future. If you need assistance with luggage please let us know on arrival and we will help you with it in a safe way.
Please fill in a breakfast order form and leave it in the box at reception before 8pm. Let us know in advance if you would prefer to be seated in a separate area from other guests and we will try to ensure that.
If you have any special dietary requirements please let us know in advance or upon arrival.
If required, we can offer greater spacing between tables, which may involve some guests being served at a table laid for them in the lounge or in the sun porch.
Cleaning of rooms
Rooms will be prepared by staff who have had no symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days (including members of their household). Let us know if you would prefer your room is not serviced daily.
We like to use towels, flannels and floor mats more than once to help the environment. However, if you require fresh towels etc please place them in a black bin liner, provided in your wardrobe, and leave the bagged items outside your door.
Honesty shop and refreshments
The honesty shop in the lounge is temporarily closed to guests until further notice but we can provide you with items on request and the charge will be added to your bill.
Contracting symptoms during your stay
If a member of your party contracts symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay, you will be asked to leave to minimise the spread of infection. If your symptoms are more serious (breathing difficulties) please tell us straight away so that we can seek emergency medical attention.
For any emergencies, day or night, please contact us on our normal landline number (01929 425794). Emergency mobile numbers are displayed at reception when we are out. There is also a bell on the reception desk.
Enjoy your stay
Our priority is that guests enjoy their stay in a safe and comfortable way. Please contact us if you need further clarification on the measures we are taking to ensure everyone's safety.
We appreciate your understanding and efforts to make our guest house run smoothly during these difficult times. We look forward to seeing returning guests once again and welcoming those arriving at Glenlee for the first time. We very much hope you enjoy your stay.
Glenlee Guest House (updated 20/09/22)